Thank you for your interest in renting a home from TransCity Property Management. If you have not already seen the property, make sure you schedule a showing with our leasing agents so you can know for sure if you’ve found the right home.
Our rental application steps are simple and straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:
- Pull up the listing that you want on our website. Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Complete all of the information on the application, and submit it according to the online instructions.
- Click on “Click Here” for the supplemental application.
- On the third page of the supplemental application, you are only required to fill out the name and address of your current landlord as well as your own name and address with your signature, and your landlord reference will complete the rest.
- Once you have finished any supplements to the application, email it to the appropriate leasing agent, or fax it to our office.
- Fill out the pet screening application. (This is required by ALL applicants whether or not you will have pets) see additional info here
Once we have both the application and the supplemental application and the pet screening application as well as your application fee, we’ll be able to verify your information and get back to you with a decision as soon as possible.
Requirements and Documentation
- Government issued ID
- 2 most recent pay stubs if employed showing year to date income
- 2 years tax returns if self-employed
- Monthly gross income must be 3.5 times the monthly rent
- Pet photo taken with applicant (if applicable)
- Landlord contact info for last 2 years
- All adults aged 18+ must apply and pay a nonrefundable application fee of $55.00
- All applicants must complete the pet screening process, regardless of if you have a pet or not. Please make sure that the property you are applying for allows for pets if you have one before applying. Pet applications are $20.00 per pet. If you do not have a pet or you have a service animal or ESA there is no charge. Pet rent, fee and deposit may apply.
Security Deposit & Admin Fee
- Applicants with better credit and references will generally be approved at the standard deposit listed on the property.
- Applicants with combined credit scores below 600 and references may still be approved at up to a 1.5 times the deposit.
- $250.00 administration fee due upon lease signing.
- $10.00 monthly administration fee will be added to the monthly rent
Common Reasons To Be Declined
- Incomplete application
- Previous evictions
- Collections from landlords
- Credit score below 500
- Insufficient income
- Unsatisfactory references
- Excessive debt
- Non-discharged bankruptcies
- Unqualified occupants
- Pets (no aggressive breeds allowed)
- Vehicles and/or move in dates too far in future can also be a reason for a declined application
- Within the last 7 years any felonies of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance
- Felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property for example, “arson”
- Any sexual related offenses for any time period.
- Tenant must read and agree to abide by rules of the HOA (see property description for link for CC&R’s)
- No smoking of tobacco, marijuana or any other substance is allowed at or on the property
- Pet restrictions may apply as to the type and number of animals
- One applicant per household is required to complete our animal policy screening (regardless of if you have an animal or not)
- No charge for ESA animals or no pets in home.
TENANT LIABILITY INSURANCE is now required for all Leases and Lease Renewals. Please see our Tenant Liability Insurance Policy
TransCity Property Management requires all of our tenants to purchase renter’s insurance before signing a lease for one of our properties. Your lease agreement requires that you list Transcity as additional insured on your renters policy. While your landlord will have an insurance policy that covers the structure of the home, you will need your own insurance to keep your personal belongings covered against loss.